Go to main website Catalogue search - Internet
Wednesday 29 June 2022 07:21
 
 
 
Single record details


Website page containing information on visiting us

 
Back | Display in tree view 
 
Country code GB
Repository code 234
Repository National Records of Scotland
Reference SSE
Title Records of the South of Scotland Electricity Board
Dates 1902-1990
Access status Open
Location
Level Fonds
Admin history The South of Scotland Electricity Board was created in terms of the Electricity Re-organisation (Scotland) Act, 1954. With effect from 1st April, 1955 it became the electricity authority for that part of Scotland south of a line from the Firth of Tay to Loch Long in the Firth of Clyde, within which district it became responsible for both the generation and distribution of electricity. It took over the property, rights and responsibilities of the South West of Scotland Electricity Board and the South East of Scotland Electricity and also those of the British Electricity Authority in so far as concerned this district. By the same Act the functions of the Ministry of Fuel and Power in relation to electricity supply in Scotland were, with minor exceptions, transferred to the Secretary of State for Scotland who was given a general power of control over the Board.
Format Text
Language English
Archival history Deposited in the Scottish Record Office in terms of Section 5(1) of the Public Records (Scotland) Act, 1937.
 

National Records of Scotland, H.M. General Register House, 2 Princes Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3YY; tel +44 (0) 131 535 1314; email: [email protected]