List of Contents:
1. Minute Books, 1654-1902.
2. Scroll Minute Books, 1813-1912.
3. Accounts and Statements of Funds, 1820-1929.
4. Cash Books, 1655-1958.
5. Scroll Cash Books, 1834-1939.
6. Prime Gilt Books, 1763-1872.
7. Poor Money Books, 1646-1826.
8. Annuity Books, 1816-1946.
9. Miscellaneous Financial Records, 1741-1946.
10. Vouchers, 1802-1945.
11. Letter Books, 1800-1941.
12. Correspondence, 1847-1991.
13. Pilots' Bond Books, 1797-1922.
14. Pilotage Papers, 1847-1910.
15. Miscellaneous Volumes, 1841-1941.
16. Applications for Membership of Trinity House, 1846-1907.
17. Examination Board Papers, 1846-1850.
18. Miscellaneous Documents, 1497-1998.
Charts incorporated in Register House Plan series.
Documents preserved in Trinity House, Leith.
Conversion table for documents numbered in 'L' series.
This Inventory relates to the records of the Corporation of the Master and Assistants of the Trinity House of Leith deposited on indefinite loan in the National Archives of Scotland, H.M. General Register House, Edinburgh, 2. In using the inventory, the reference to any particular record must be quoted in full, thus GD226/4/3.
Title deeds and other legal writs belonging to the Corporation are in the custody of the agents, Messrs. Tods, Murray and Jamieson, W.S.; brief details of the coverage of these writs may be found in the survey report made by the National Register of Archives (Scotland) (report no. 0042, file copy).
These records were used by the late Dr. John Mason in his "History of the Trinity House of Leith" (Glasgow, 1957). Documents referred to therein were formerly identified in a numbered series with an `L' prefix. As these relate closely to the main series of documents, it has been decided to merge them into one numbering, but for the convenience of readers of the published history, a conversion table has been supplied at Appendix 3 to this inventory.