Go to main website Catalogue search - Internet
Monday 10 May 2021 20:35
 
 
 
Single record details


Website page containing information on visiting us

 
Back | Display in tree view 
 
ReferenceTitleDate
GD170Papers of the Campbell Family of Barcaldine1539-1961
Country code GB
Repository code 234
Repository National Records of Scotland
Reference GD170/296
Title Rent and other payments by tenants, tacks etc.
Dates 1737-1777
Access status Open
Location On site
Description 1. General. 1744-77. [30 documents.]

2. Tacks. (1) 1737, April 1. Minute of tack to John Ferguson, cook to Sir Duncan Campbell of Lochnell, of changehouse and croft of Ardchork for 2 years.
(2) Tack 1767, January 16, to captain Duncan Campbell of Achworan of town and lands of Cuildcharran in parish of Baleveodan for 19 years.
(3) Tack 1771, March -, to Patrick Doune in Acha of 6 merkland of Acha in parish of Ardchattan, for 15 years.
(4) Articles of steelbow tack, 1773, to Patrick McIntyre in Ardnaknolly and John McIntyre in Barcaldine, of merkland of Barcaldine for 7 years.
(5) Tack 1774, April 7, to John McIntyre, tenant in Letterualtan, of land of Letterualtan in parish of Ardchattan, for 9 years.
(6) Tack 1774, April 7, to Dugald Thompson, tenant in Dallichallich, and Donald Thompson, his son, of 4 merkland of Dallichollich in parish of Ardchattan, for 9 years.
(7) Tack, 1774, April 7, to Duncan McFarlane, elder and younger, in Dallichellish, of 2 merkland of Condallich in parish of Ardchattan, for 9 years.
(8) Tack, 1774, April 22, to Archibald McIntyre, boatwright at Rugarve, of park of Ferlochan and ferry of Rugarve for 9 years.
(9) Tack, 1774, May 2, to Neill MacLaurine, tacksman of Inveresregan, of land called Glendow in parish of Benderloch for 19 years.
(10) Resignation, 1777, March 10, by Duncan McPharlane elder and younger, to John Campbell of Barcaldine, of tack of Condallich in parish of Ardchattan, set to them for 9 years. [14 documents.]
Level File
 

National Records of Scotland, H.M. General Register House, 2 Princes Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3YY; tel +44 (0) 131 535 1314; email: historical_enquiries@nrscotland.gov.uk